How to Spot a Boy Versus a Man
"There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do." —Freya Stark
- Boys play house. Men build homes, or will create feelings of stability and security wherever in the world you may travel together.
- Boys shack up. Men choose marriage, or consciously honor the commitment of a divine partnership if together you don't share the belief of marriage.
- Boys make babies, but won't raise children. A man will raise children including another man’s child, not out of requirement or obligation, but because he loves and honors the younger generation.
- Boys produce excuses and create failure. Men produce strategies and create success.
- Boys search for a caretaker to manage all their needs. Men practice self-love and self-care, knowing that when they take care of themselves first they can create a healthy, loving relationship with another.
- Boys seek popularity. Men earn respect and give it back doubly in return.
- Boys quit and walk away when times are hard. Men will love you through everything, especially when times are hard.
- Boys look for just another beautiful face. Men only set their sights on the real women fully ready to embrace them and hold space for their hearts with the same honor, respect and dignity that he lovingly gives to you.
It's best never to begin a relationship with a boy expecting to transform him into a man.
This post previously appeared on The Good Men Project.